Let’s face Pests are unwanted guests in your home, & there is no evidence that they have visited you. So here are the proven tips to keep pests out of your places.
Pest spread disease and can make you very sick or even become life threatening if you do not get rid of them.
Prevention is always easier than cure so let me share what I know that works is that you need to not tempt the pests in the first place by not giving them a Proven Tips to Keep PESTS Out Of Your Homeon to drop by your home in the first place.
Do you remember your mother saying cleanliness is next to Godliness? This really applies also to pest prevention.
Proven Tips to Keep PESTS Out Of Your Home
MOST COMMON HOUSEHOLD PESTS
Cockroaches rely on water and warmth and this encourages their presence behind freezers, fridges and cookers, where they are often undisturbed.
Rodents spread disease through contamination of food or utensils with rodent faeces or urine. Life threatening diseases such as Salmonella or Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis.
Fleas are a type of wingless parasite found worldwide. They feed off the blood of humans and animals such as dogs and cats. Since fleas use a wide range of hosts, diseases can be transferred from one host to another.
Are world travelers – returning from an overseas trip you may bring home more souvenirs than you want, but you may not even have to leave home to come across bed bugs you may stay in a hotel that has had a tourist stay in the same room and the bed bugs hide as they wait for the new guests to arrive!
Bed bugs need blood hosts to continue their life cycle and will gorge on your blood at night and you will wake to blood spots on your sheets and may have an allergic reaction to their bites.
Termites do not physically hurt you but they will do structural damage and hurt your hip pocket to replace the beams, doorways and windows that they eat through. Most insurance policies will not cover the damage that they do which could be many thousands of dollars.
PREVENTION IS EASIER THAN THE CURE : Proven Tips to Keep PESTS Out
- Don’t leave dishes on the kitchen bench or in the sink.
- Empty rubbish bins and store the bins away from the kitchen door, as this is an invite to go inside.
- Sweep the floors regularly to sweep up traces of food and crumbs.
- Open packets of anything will attract pests; keep open foodstuffs in a glass jar preferably with a lid. All contents of opened packets are an invite to rodents who will gnaw at the packet or the cockroach can make their way in packets that are just folded over.
- Get leaky taps fixed, as this is the water source for the pest; leave a plug in sinks to stop entry via drains.
- Plug holes with steel wool to deter rodent entry
UNWANTED GUESTS AT YOUR HOME?
One of the most worrying things with pests is that normally you will not see them as they come out to eat while you’re asleep and the house is quiet. If you are seeing either cockroaches or mice during the day you have a plague, which is a lot harder to treat and to break their breeding cycles – you will need a fully licensed Pest Control professional immediately. They will help you eliminate the unwanted visitors with their proven tips to keep pests out as well.
Giveaway clues that you have pests: Proven Tips to Keep PESTS Out
- Look for droppings near appliances as pests like warm areas to congregate to eat and breed.
- Cockroach pupae in food areas or look for empty casings, which means they have hatched, and you will have a bigger problem.
- If you are waking up itchy with blood spots on your sheets and have red bites this could either mean you have bed bugs or fleas as both need blood hosts (you) to continue their life cycle.
- Saw dust on the floorboards or dropping near a hole or crevice big enough for a mouse to get in and out.
- Touching windows and or door frames you find that they have been eaten out and are now hollow.
- Fine dust appears on the floor boards could indicate termites or borers.
5 EASY Proven Tips to Keep PESTS Out Of Your Home TODAY!
- Cleanliness is the key here keep the food sources kept away and washed up and or kept in the dishwasher. Empty garbage bins regularly and don’t have bins close to the kitchen door.
- Keep foodstuffs in pantries in sealed containers.
- Look for new access areas by give away signs
- Identify pests quickly and remember if you are seeing cockroaches or mice during the day you have a BIG problem too big for you to treat on your own you need professional pest control help ASAP.
- If you have had installed air conditioning installed checked that around the piping that has been sealed, as this is a common entry point for rodents. Stuff steel wool into the hole to deter entry.
WHEN TO CALL IN A PEST CONTROL PROFESSIONAL.
Following the many proven tips to keep pests out given above will help keep your home pest free but if you are not winning the war against the pests mentioned and due to their quick breeding cycles it does not take long to have an out of control situation. If the problem is not going away:
Call Jenny on 0407 065 413A1 Pest Control Canberra
She can give you safe family and pet friendly treatments that are effective and long lasting.